Re: [stella] Baubles; some progress, some problems...

Subject: Re: [stella] Baubles; some progress, some problems...
From: Jake Patterson <jpatters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:56:46 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:

> But one question: Why to do change the contents of CTRLPF inside the
> kernel?

The outside border needs to be blue.  I think I may be able to turn this
into a two line kernel, and change CTRLPF at the right times, keep the
blue border, and scroll the thing up two scan lines every three frames,
which would make it two thirds as fast scrolling as it is now, which I
think will be about right.  My next step is to cook up a new version using
Glenn's variable syntax, and that generates a stable picture on real
hardware.  At the same time, I will perform a general clean up of the
code, and evaluate your suggestions.  Thanks!