Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Euchre: up against the wall again

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Euchre: up against the wall again
From: "Erik J. Eid" <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 11:36:34 -0500
At 02:24 PM 11/25/01 +0100, Manuel Polik wrote:
Well, one first thing is, that the source doesn't
compile. Seems like there's numerous equates missing
somewhere:

MBOL LIST:  (Unresolved symbols only)
  PF_Score ????(r )
 VS_Enable ????(r )

Sorry... I keep thinking that most of us are using the same include file in our development. I took VCS.H from Nick Bensema's pages. A direct link to this file is http://www.io.com/~nickb/atari/doc/vcs.h.

I originally went with the include file to save space, both in printing out the source and in uploading it here. Do you, and the rest of the list, think it would be better to incorporate all my equates in the main file, in order to avoid problems like this?

I'm not sure why you wait that often for something, normally you'd only wait for the overscan and for vblank to finish, BTW.

I'm spreading out regions of the screen. There's parts in which I want a gap of four or eight lines and all the preparations for a section may not take that long, so it's just a delay to wait until the right scanline is reached.

- Replace
    lda SWCHB
    and #$01
    cmp #$01
    beq CheckStages

  with
    lda SWCHB
    lsr
    bcs CheckStages

Sneaky! :)

- remove all
    jmp EndCase

In your switch/case implementation.

I'm pondering using a jump table, in which case I will need to retain these to prevent from accessing too many PerformXxxx routines.

- Try using a different random number generator. (Sorry Erik :-))

Ack! This confused me until I remembered there are two Eriks here. :)