Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire 019 (centered! yes!!)

Subject: Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire 019 (centered! yes!!)
From: "B. Watson" <urchlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:53:58 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Jake Patterson wrote:

> The left side has a set of four line symbols that should work, and if you
> don't want to space them out farther, you could make up a set of three
> line symbols (like on the right side of that .gif, that's the best I could
> come up with.)

I might try to do this.. the symbols would appear in between the rows
of cards, though.. to make it really work, I'd need 8 more scanlines
at the bottom (or 4 at bottom, 4 at top)... 4 to display symbols for
the vertical hands, and 4 for the diagonal hands.

rather than using symbols to represent the type of hand, I could just
display the score value for each hand.. I've got a decent 3x5 digit
font, which I could shrink down to 3x4...

Before I mess with this, though, I want to see if I can do progressive
scoring.. recalculate the score every time the player places a card, so
he can see how well he's doing.

> Keep up the good work!

Thanks.

B.