Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire 019 (centered! yes!!)

Subject: Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire 019 (centered! yes!!)
From: Jake Patterson <jpatters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 06:08:16 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, B. Watson wrote:

> I finally quit procrastinating & rewrote the kernel.. This build has
> the cards centered on the display instead of shoved over to the right.
>
> Otherwise, it plays the same as build 018.
>
> Manuel: You were right, once I got rid of the repeat/repend inside
> the kernel, it just sort of fell into place.. Thanks :)
>
> To Do list:
>
> Same as last time.. Next build will at least fix the 10's digit score
> display bug that Jake found.
>
> It's 2AM... which will be the earliest I've gone to bed since I started
> this thing :)

Looks good... I was thinking about how you might be able to display
symbols indicating what hand you have, to the left of each row and on the
bottom of each column.  I noticed that you have two scanlines between each
card, and the two top and two bottom scanlines of each card are always the
same.  If you spaced the cards just a little farther apart, by two
scanlines, you would have eight scanlines to work with there where you
would not have to update the card faces.  You could use that space for the
display, and do a four line (over eight scan lines) font.

See: http://www.uvm.edu/~jpatters/symbols.gif

The left side has a set of four line symbols that should work, and if you
don't want to space them out farther, you could make up a set of three
line symbols (like on the right side of that .gif, that's the best I could
come up with.)

Keep up the good work!