Re: [stella] Game Reset/Select not working on PCAEWin

Subject: Re: [stella] Game Reset/Select not working on PCAEWin
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:35:11 +0100
> Okay, the switches work if I disable my keyboard reading routine, or if I
> move the switch reader before the keyboard reader in VBLANK.  As is, I
have
> the keyboard reader in VBLANK and the switch reader in Overscan.

That makes sense. The emulator usually reads the PC keyboard only
once at the start of the frame. For the keyboard controllers, it
needs to update the TIA controller registers more than that though,
since it triggers through the key collumns. I think there is a bug
in PCAEWin, that forgets about the state of the Switches, whenever
the SWCHA register is writen too, or something. I think you should
contact John Dullea about it.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg