Re: [stella] I live... again!

Subject: Re: [stella] I live... again!
From: "Erik J. Eid" <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:30:33 -0500
At 06:34 PM 2/11/02 -0500, B. Watson wrote:
(Note to self: Never get a job as a developer unless you already know the language!).

Ah, but what an opportunity to learn! :)

Wondered if anybody cared to offer an opinion on whether the game is done
enough to release (via Hozer Video).. the last version I did is at:

I haven't tried it on a real Atari, but I noticed a couple of minor oddities.

First, the colors in the second, fourth, etc. rows of the "cheat sheet" alternate in StellaX for Windows, but not in Z26. I wonder if that's just a function of how one of the emulators acts.

Secondly, the card placement sound is very quiet. I can barely hear it, even though I can hear the "game over" sound just fine.

Besides these admittedly very minor points, the game is fun, complete, and is both simple and elegant. You can't ask for more from the 2600!

I would suggest including a manual with the game. It does help complete the old cartridge experience. :) It also will be useful in explaining the scoring and difficulty switch uses to the player.

Welcome back and good work!