RE: [stella] Warring Worms user interface

Subject: RE: [stella] Warring Worms user interface
From: "Billy Eno" <ceno@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:59:42 -0600
> Billy wrote:
> > In the select screen the bits of the game number are displayed
> at the bottom
> > as an additional (and snazzy) visual clue.
>
> For a programmer this might be handy, but for the normal people,
> I guess that is not understanble.
> Why not using digits here too?

I can always provide a picture in the instructions for which blocks mean
what, and then just show the backgrounds (bit2-0) as a number.  I should
have room for that.

> > Select increments the game by
> > one.  Up on the left joystick increments the game by 8, down
> decrements it
> > by 8.  Holding down select then reset resets the game back to 0.
>
> Increment in steps based on 10th, because that also normal for
> normal people.

I increment by 8 because that steps you through the various styles
(1-player, 2-player, wrap game, missiles on/off, hard/easy) without changing
the background.

> BTW: What about a TRON light cycle mode? Then Kyle won't have to
> hack Surround or your game ;-)

Isn't it all there to begin with?  I mean at its base even Surround is just
Light Cycles (or vice versa).  You can always turn off the missiles and play
my game very much like Surround (or Light Cycles).

Thanks for taking a look,
Billy