Re: Found Bug Re: [stella] Inspired by Roger

Subject: Re: Found Bug Re: [stella] Inspired by Roger
From: "Roger Williams" <mer02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 19:56:38 -0700
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>

> Ok, I understand.
>
> And "pretty slick" doesn't mean "impossible", right? ;-)

Oh, of coure not!  But you'd have to cycle through
scanlines (which the external sort has no reason to
need to know about), and the extra overhead would
make it look like almost convenient by comparison
to do the sorting in the kernal.

As it is, I think I will save 2-3 changeover scanlines
by setting a flag (otherwise unused bit 7 in the
cross-reference vector) and doing the actual swap
sort outside of the kernal.  Amazing the stuff you
learn when other people get involved...

The demo is a 4-line kernal.  Mine will be 2-line,
possibly with VDEL support for 1-line vertical
resolution for all multiplexed objects.

--Roger Williams