Re: [stella] Counters layout

Subject: Re: [stella] Counters layout
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:28:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Fabrizio Zavagli wrote:

> The first uses (should use) player graphics to display remaining lives, on
> the bottom left. That leaves me with one more player sprite that marks level
> by representing the current fruit, a-la pacman, on the far right.

I like the fruit... some people might think it's too similar to Pac-Man,
but it's a lot more interesting than plain old numbers. You might want to
use fruits that don't show up in any of the Pac-Man games though (was
there a kiwi or an avocado in any of the Pac-Man variants?)

Would the fruits also be objects in the game that the player has to pick up
(or can pick up) for bonus points or powerups?

Also, the `lives remaining' indicator in the screenshot with the fruit
looks a lot better.

So far, it's looking good.

B.