Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Return of the Crosshair

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Return of the Crosshair
From: "Clay Halliwell" <clay.h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:10:35 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Manuel Polik" <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 9:51 AM
Subject: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Return of the Crosshair

>Due to restrictions of my sprites engine I can't do the
>mothership sideways as in the original Star Fire arcade,
>so I decided to turn the angle by 90° and have it
>incoming instead of moving left to right.

I'm sure it's possible to do a recognizable wedge in the same space you're
using for the TIE Fighters. Worst-case, you could have the Exidy ship moving
top-to-bottom instead of left-to-right. Just don't make it yet another
incoming ship. That defeats the entire point of its existence.

Are there really not enough cycles left in your kernel to individually set
the width for each sprite?

Clay