Re: [stella] AI primer?

Subject: Re: [stella] AI primer?
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:48:56 +0200
Hi Ruffin!

>But today's question is, "Where do I go for a Atari
2600 AI primer?"

Well, well.

Ever heard of the game called 'QB'? ;-)

The source is available and the AI is excellent.

I think it's based on tables with possible 'actions' for
each enemy like that:

TypeHunter      .word ShifterInit-1
                .word HunterNormal-1
                .word AITossOff-1
                .word AIJump-1

So, first you have to analyze what situation your enemy
is in right now, then pick an action out of the table
for that particular enemy, then execute it.

That's it in short. I'm sure Andrew can get into detail,
if you need help understanding that from the QB source.

In a book that's called ~ 'The secrects of the windows
game programming gurus' several principles of AI
strategies are described. The action-table driven one
too. Might be a good additional lecture :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel