Re: [stella] Ideal settings for makewav?

Subject: Re: [stella] Ideal settings for makewav?
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:37:46 +0200
> What this indicates to me is that the Supercharger still works, albeit
> grudgingly.  (Could the mini plug need cleaning, and if so, with what?)
> Therefore, I am probably not making good audio files.

If the SganB CD was played on your computer through the same
cables, I don't think there is anything wrong with your setup.
The differences might be in the output speed format and in the
volume.

The CD as well as the B side of the original Supercharger tapes
uses a slower encoding format. You could try the slowest setting
in Makewav to see if that makes any difference. Also you could
have a look at the volume control in Windows and compare the
volume of the CD out and the WAV out. If they are too different,
you could try to change the volume of the WAV out.

> What have the list readers used to make WAV files that work well on
> Superchargers?  Please note that I do not have a Cuttle Cart, so whatever
> settings you give must work for a Supercharger.

If you have your computer connected to your Supercharger anyway,
you could try to use the Playbin utility for the Cuttle Cart,
which you can download from http://www.schells.com . It also has
a mode to play smaller binaries to the Supercharger. It's probably
easier to experiment with the settings in this program than always
having to create a new WAV file until one finally loads correctly.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg