Re: [stella] Ideal settings for makewav?

Subject: Re: [stella] Ideal settings for makewav?
From: Erik Eid <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:36:27 -0400
On Tuesday 30 July 2002 10:13 pm, Erik Eid wrote:
> What have the list readers used to make WAV files that work well on
> Superchargers?

This does not mean I'm talking to myself.  :)

I noted that for 4K games (such as Qb and Euchre), the WAV file was only 14
seconds long, even with the f0 (audio cassette) switch.  On the Stella Gets a
New Brain CDs, the audio tracks for the games I tried were 20 seconds long.
I tried tweaking the number of bytes used for the parts of the sine wave.  I
kept the same approximate ratio but increased the numbers to make the WAV
file longer.

Qb managed to load with the options -ts -f0 -020 -127, giving 20 bytes per
zero bit and 27 bytes per one bit.

Euchre loaded with the options -ts -f0 -021 -030, giving 21 bytes per zero
bit and 30 bytes per one bit.

If anyone out there has a moment, particularly with a Linux set up, let me
know if settings close to these work well for you.

It was a real pleasure to finally see Euchre run on an Atari and not an
emulator.  Unfortunately it also revealed that the computer's decision-making
process in the second round of bidding (after the turned-up card is turned
down) takes too long.  :)