Re: [stella] Ideal settings for makewav?

Subject: Re: [stella] Ideal settings for makewav?
From: Erik Eid <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:27:05 -0400
On Wednesday 31 July 2002 08:37 am, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
> The CD as well as the B side of the original Supercharger tapes
> uses a slower encoding format. You could try the slowest setting
> in Makewav to see if that makes any difference. Also you could
> have a look at the volume control in Windows and compare the
> volume of the CD out and the WAV out. If they are too different,
> you could try to change the volume of the WAV out.

I used the -f0 switch to generate the slowest format possible, that of
cassette.  I also maxed out the volume by using -v10.  (The docs say that 10
is the default, but if you enter no parameters, the program help indicates
the default is 0.98.)  Neither helped.

I forgot to mention that I'm running SuSE Linux 7.3.  I set the volume in
XMMS (an MP3 and WAV player like WinAmp) to 100%.

I did remember to set the -ts switch.  :)

> If you have your computer connected to your Supercharger anyway,
> you could try to use the Playbin utility for the Cuttle Cart,

Same problem... using Linux...

(I do have a dual-boot system with Windows 98, but my development is done in
Linux now, so I'd rather not have to switch back and forth between operating
systems just to play a few games.  :) )