Re: [stella] Space Treat .BIN and .ASM

Subject: Re: [stella] Space Treat .BIN and .ASM
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:22:41 +0200
Fabrizio wrote:
> Yes, that's pretty easy to fix... Just have to change some table!
> Would you like an easier level 3 or an harder level 2? :)

Hmm, I lost all my lives in level 3 when I played the game for the first time.
So level 2 was either to easy or level 3 too much harder. You decide. :-)

> That would be trickier due to space... Also, the enemy stripes would animate
> together and I believe the effect could be not so nice...

I expected that space answer. We'll wait and see if some is left. And if you only
animate some of the objects (maybe with different speeds) the resul should
look ok.

> I sure don't get you wrong and love all of your suggestions!

Great, I was afraid I was criticizesing to much.

> I'll add one myself:
>
> - Remove screen rolling between levels
>
> but I've never done that and would really like some suggestion on the
> matter!

I think you loose the sync when switching the levels. You should be able
to check this with z26 -t.

> Yep... Most of the code is far from being elegant, mostly the vblank
> calculations... Hope I get enough motivation to fix that up!
> Well I'm getting :)

If you need help when optimizing for space, just ask! :-)

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Die clevere Geldreserve: der DiBa-Privatkredit. Funktioniert wie ein Dispo,
ist aber viel gunstiger! Alle Infos: http://diba.web.de/?mc=021104