Re: [stella] More flicker, please

Subject: Re: [stella] More flicker, please
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 15:15:50 +0200
Manuel wrote:
>In the attached BIN I managed to reduce flicker to
>*visible* vertical collisions. Try following the
>mothership on it's path, it'll flicker way less than in
>the previous version.

Great work, now it's looking muuuch better!

>Now, what would you think about constant flicker on all
>objects compared to that?

I think it should be also tested on a TV what is looking
better.
But one thing is sure: If you add constant flicker, the
*difference* between the various flicker rates get's reduced
drastically.

>BTW: I made that smooth in and out of ships Clay
>suggested possible on the bottom border, but I've given
>up on the others

Where exactly is the problem?

>BTW²: No lasers. No photon torpedoes - Particle cannons!

Looking better than the previous version, too. But what happend
to your PF idea? Didn't you like the results or was it a
programming problem?

Have fun!
Thomas