RE: [stella] RIOT RAM test

Subject: RE: [stella] RIOT RAM test
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 03:49:44 -0800
If you attempt to "fry" the 2600 (6 switcher or 4 swithcer) then we can see if the RAM contents come through completely random or if there is a fixed number of possible patterns.

I suspect the latter, otherwise Frying effects would not be as easy to generate on games like Space Invaders.

It would be nice to catalog which bytes of RAM frying alters and to which values to create different effects in particular games. Then we can understand why these values have these effects (like the double missiles in Space Invaders).