Re: [stella] Space Treat with score

Subject: Re: [stella] Space Treat with score
From: "Paul Slocum" <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 16:52:50 -0600

Humm nice idea... should be feasible!
Actually I was thinking of putting a "game over" text on the final level
screen instead... do you think that would be ok also? Could make for a "game
over screen" without jumping directly to the title... but I like your idea
as well! :)

One other idea I had is to display the *high* score on the title screen. That would be pretty cool. I'm not sure if you have enough RAM to store it, but if you replace a few JSRs with JMPs it might be possible.

Yep I was also vaguely thinking about having the fuel level decrease when
you clear a stage, should be feasible with very little effort!
About the score at the bottom, that shold be doable also, even thou you
wouldn't see much movement since the score increases only after the level is
cleared, there's nothing that could possibly make it go up during a
level...!

I'd partly just like to see how many points I'm getting for the time I have left and how many points I'm getting for completing the level. But I bet you could easily add a few things that give you points during gameplay. Like give a few points each time you progress one step farther, give points for getting the key, and give points for getting the treat. And it would be really awesome if you could add some way to get some bonus points on each level. Like maybe an extra "key" that appears after you get the treat and gives you extra points if you grab it on the way back. But this may be a little tough as memory is getting tight.

I have, just today, and it's my best ever :)

Nice! Hopefully, I'll get there soon.

-Paul