Re: [stella] Space Treat with score

Subject: Re: [stella] Space Treat with score
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:51:36 +0100
Hi Fabrizio,
I also have "some" gameplay suggestions:

- Increasing hefty extra bonus for completing a level with one
life
- Bonus lifes
- More keys to pick up in higher levels
- Loose one key when you get killed
- Different moving patterns for the enemies. Instead of just
varying the speed, you could give every type of enemy a special
movement pattern. E.g.
  - patroling between the corners
  - stop and go
  - two "steps" forward and one "step" back
  - switching between two speeds every ~0.25 second
All patterns should be "rythmic", introduced level by level and
enemy specific so that the player can memorize them.
- Utilizing the difficulty switches, but read them only at the
start of a game. And disply the settings somehow together with
the level/score.
- utilizing the fire key, e.g. for an emergence escapy back to
start (loosing all extra points, the key(s) and the fruit)
- some more sounds, e.g. a ticking sound when the fuel
decreases
- if (and only if) you have space left, some encouraging inter-
level message every 5 or 10 levels.

And I like the idea of bonus keys when returning with the
fruit.

Have fun!
Thomas