Re: [stella] Space Treat with score

Subject: Re: [stella] Space Treat with score
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:52:15 +0100
Hey Paul!

Paul wrote:
> One other idea I had is to display the *high* score on the title
> screen.  That would be pretty cool.  I'm not sure if you have enough RAM
> store it, but if you replace a few JSRs with JMPs it might be possible.

Well I'm going to spend quite some time to apply all the optimizations
suggested and that will get me some ROM.. :)
For the Ram, I could get some if I switch to BCD math which I'm currently
not using in order to save on ROM space...!
I'll try to fit in a high score!

> I'd partly just like to see how many points I'm getting for the time I
have
> left and how many points I'm getting for completing the level.  But I bet
> you could easily add a few things that give you points during
> gameplay.  Like give a few points each time you progress one step farther,
> give points for getting the key, and give points for getting the
> treat.  And it would be really awesome if you could add some way to get
> some bonus points on each level.  Like maybe an extra "key" that appears
> after you get the treat and gives you extra points if you grab it on the
> way back.  But this may be a little tough as memory is getting tight.

You're right, there are several possible ways of implementing new features
to add to the score while playing.. I guess I'll have to pick some and give
myself priorities, I'll do that after I've applied all the optimizations
suggested.

> >I have, just today, and it's my best ever :)
>
> Nice!  Hopefully, I'll get there soon.

Great to hear you're having fun with the game! ;)

Ciao,
Fabrizio.-