Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?

Subject: Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 01:25:11 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Ruffin Bailey wrote:

> While we're on the subject of paddles, there was that neat-o controller
> for some type of 2600 that served as both a joystick and a [single]
> paddle if you rotated it.

This was for the Coleco Gemini.  Yes, it's a neat controller.  But it limits
you to 2 paddle controllers at a time instead of 4.

> Is it possible to read both the paddle and the joystick from the same
> port at the same time?

It depends.  There is some overlap between the 2 controller types.  But I
forget the details.  I think maybe joystick left and right are the 2 paddle
buttons.  Anyone know for sure?  There's nothing to prevent you from reading
the controllers at the same time....just the overlap of the functions.

-Chris