Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?

Subject: Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:14:05 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> Do you think you could revive that project?  I was going to get Junie to
> make something for me but you know what happened to him.  I've got my
> simple Y-cable hack which adds 2 signals (joystick up-down as I recall) but
> of course two more are possible (via booster grip methods).

Heh...actually, I don't know what happened to Junie.  Does anyone?  ;)  But
I'd be happy to revive my controller project.  It was really a simple little
thing circuit-wise.  But it would need some kind of splifty new case design.
That's where I abandoned it.

> Junie was going to make a programmable Y-cable PDB that would remap all the
> missing signals.  I'd still love to see this as it would be useful for any
> atari-controller compatible system.

What's a "PDB"?

> >Another project I had considered was redoing the paddles so that you could
> >read them once per frame, outside the kernel.  But there were no takers
> >on that.

I really wanted to do this one.  Think about it...the precision of paddles, but
with only ~1/250th the processor cycles needed.  Mmmmm....the possibilities.

-Chris