Re: [stella] Optimized color reduction approaches

Subject: Re: [stella] Optimized color reduction approaches
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:13:10 +0100
Glenn wrote:
> It's too time-consuming to do it all by hand.  It's definitely going to
> require a utility program to do all this eventually.

Agreed, but do you know about a tool that can do that? Maybe something
useful was developed for the Atari 8Bit or other home computers?

And there is another point that I (I don't know about Andrew) missed
when creating the palette:

A RGB point that is enabled only 1/3 of the frames should be much darker
than a CYM point that is enabled 2/3 of all frames. Right?

But, *how* bright are they? It's quite important to know how the
flickering works on a real TV. How fast falls (and rises!) the
brightness of a point that is enabled every 3rd frame?

If you know that, you can compensate this when creating the display
data. And because the human eye is far more sensible to brightness than
to color this is IMO a very important point.

So, who knows?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |