Re: [stella] Missile Graphic only on for one line

Subject: Re: [stella] Missile Graphic only on for one line
From: "2600Prog-AP" <2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:59:00 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Slocum" <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> >I was toying with the idea of using the missile sprites to do the left
and
> >right kerbs of the road so I can HMOVE it into a curve and modify the
width
> >as I go down the screen until the lower portion of the screen where I'd
> >switch to something possibly like the playfield for the left and right
kerbs
> >and a wide player sprite for the car.
>
> I don't really understand what you're doing with the RESP0 and RESMP0 but
> my guess is that it's moving it off screen.

Aha, that would be an issue. Thanks, I'd spent too much time tweaking the
code and looking at the problem to see what's really going on.

> Also, you're drawing 277 scanlines (you want 262 for NTSC) and it's not
> really a good idea to modify vcs.h.

I didn't realise I was running over 262 quite so far, I thought I was closer
to 264/5 most of the time, looks like I've got my timing really badly wrong.
I don't think I've modified vcs.h, but I'll check that out and fix it before
I repost my progress.

> -Paul

Thanks again,

Adam