Re: [stella] Supercharger homebrews

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger homebrews
From: Zach Matley <matleyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:18:53 -0800 (PST)
>I'd like to see a poll on this because my theory is that the
>vast majority of those likely to purchase a homebrew are
>die-hard enough to have either a SC or a CC.  I also think
>it's a chicken and the egg thing.  If there were a steady
>stream of SC-only games coming out, more end-user type classic
>gamers might finally add it to their collection.

Glenn has a good point. The Supercharger vs Cart question has been debated
before, but that was in 1997. Look how much the classic gaming community
has grown since then. This question is worth re-examining.
It it true that carts have certain advantages over CDs, but why choose
between one or the other? I think anyone who owns a Supercharger would
have 1 or 2 carts, and maybe more ;).