[stella] Re: Game developers input wanted for 7800 Ram Cart

Subject: [stella] Re: Game developers input wanted for 7800 Ram Cart
From: Peter Gordon <pete@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 01:50:16 +0100
Hi , on the subject of [stella] Game developers input wanted for 7800 Ram
Cart, you said:

> I'm thinking it would be nice to have a "Dev mode" for the game developers
> to use, but I'm not really sure what would be appealing to do in that mode.

Ooooh! A nice monitor with debug support would kick ass. Something along the
lines of the Action Replay boards you could get for the Amiga. Presumably in
dev mode you can connect to your computer over serial, so it could offer this
monitor interface over the serial for viewing in a standard ANSI terminal
application.

I've written a couple of monitors for my emulators (i wrote an emulator for a
6502 based console that never actually existed and a couple of games for it.
That had a pretty cool monitor. Also my Arcadia 2001 emulator has a similar
one), so I could offer some help there if you want.

Cheers,
Pete