Re: [stella] new project; fpga2600

Subject: Re: [stella] new project; fpga2600
From: "Paul Slocum" <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:30:52 -0500

So more accurate would be "he refuses to share the code with
anyone who can't make him money."

So what? He's put the time and money into developing it and so he can choose to do what he wants with it. Geez, I spend hours every day on various retro-programming projects. Sometimes I release the source/ROM, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I need to make some money off my projects to pay for tools, fund other projects, or pay rent.

Start an open source version if you want, but you don't need to be rude because someone else wants to make a little money from their work.

-Paul