[stella] SoftVCS

Subject: [stella] SoftVCS
From: "C. Bond" <cbond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:40:07 -0700
I don't know if it is improper to mention another emulator in this
forum. If it is, please advise me and I promise not to repeat the
offense.

I just posted some preliminary applications using a new Atari 2600
emulator called SoftVCS. It is entirely written in Intel Pentium
assembler language for current Windows systems. Although it is not
portable and requires a 2GHz system, it offers the promise of abandoning
video mode complexities altogether and letting the user simply resize
and reshape the screen to his own taste. It includes a stereo sound
system which links with DirectSound so no sound card management is
necessary. None of the code requires any license agreements as it is
being placed in the public domain.

The two applications are 1) a game player and 2) a game analyzer. The
analyzer allows you to move the cursor to any pixel during game play,
click the mouse, and determine which objects are overlapped at that
pixel. A zero page dump to a Memo Box also occurs at that time.
Framerate control and single-stepping are supported.

If you decide to take a look, please read the cautions at the website.
This software is only a proof-of-concept level and does not rise the
level of an alpha test version. Both applications can be found at
http://www.crbond.com/softvcs.htm

--
Democracy: The triumph of popularity over principle.