Re: [stella] Sprite position to Tombstone Matrix conversion

Subject: Re: [stella] Sprite position to Tombstone Matrix conversion
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:46:49 +0100
Glenn wrote:
> But what I don't like is the two loops, which could result in a maximum of
> 11 iterations on rows and 8 iterations on cells.
>
> Is there a faster approach?

How about a binary search?

Or save the collsions flags after each tombstone row (if there is enough
free CPU time).

> If the row boundaries are every 16 scanlines and the tombstone cell
> boundaries are every 8 pixels then I'm thinking some kind of left/right
> shift approach could be used instead?

Might work, but may become a bit tricky

Are double collisions (e.g. zombie vs. two tombstones) possible? That
would make things a bit more complex.

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Erdbeben im Iran: Zehntausende Kinder brauchen Hilfe. UNICEF hilft den
Kindern - helfen Sie mit! https://www.unicef.de/spe/spe_03.php