Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review

Subject: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:38:15 -0500 (EST)
> Yes, but I've checked other (none AA) carts and the Supercharger. Both
> cause waaay lower distortions.
> E.g. the latest Thrust+ Platinum cart has  way more distortions than
> the very first Thrust cart (v1.3) from Hozer. Starting from the 2nd
> cart from Hozer (v1.4), the distortions show up.

Very odd.  Actually, I have some theories.  I suppose you'd rather not
open the carts?  It might be helpful, but if they're your only copies
I wouldn't want you to open them.

> The title screen code is always 99% identical, so where does the
> difference come from, if not the board layout?

Well...
99% of the screen image is not distorted, right?  So there you have it!  :D

Heehee.  Couldn't resist!

Thomas, it's problems like this that make me wish I could come and stay
with you for a week.  I know just about everything there is to know about
the 2600's video.  And quite a lot about the rest of the system.  And
everyone knows you could program the 2600 to walk like a duck if only
you considered it a challenge!  ;)  I bet together we could find out
exactly what's going on.  A better idea is for you to come here and stay
with me.  That way I don't have to go through US customs!  :D

-Chris