Re: [stella] My New Project - RRampage.bin

Subject: Re: [stella] My New Project - RRampage.bin
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 10 Apr 2004 13:35:16 -0000
That's pretty awesome looking.  In the sense of being awe-inspiring.

Theme was, the idea of a super-cranked-follow up to River Raid has
a lot Chutzpah...I love it.

I'm trying to think of the different enemy or enemy patterns
that would work with a kernal like that. Will enemies probably
be limited to staying on their scanlines, so to speak?  Meaning
background and enemies scroll at the same rate?

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible to have enemy bullets
having variable horizontal speed as well....that might be something
that works inside the kernal, since you can do those up dates during
VBLANK.

Anyway, pretty exciting!  I'd say it reminds me of the feel of
Robotron in the amount of stuff, except I know it's much closer
to shoot 'em ups that came later...

"Uncertainty in the pressure of vivid hopes and fears is painful,
 but must be endured if we wish to live without the support of
 comforting fairy tales."  --Bertrand Russell