Re: [stella] FPGA2600 progress

Subject: Re: [stella] FPGA2600 progress
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:07:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> Other than that he must have used the schematics that Curt gave out, which
> is proprietary Atari information.  Without them I don't think a truly 100%
> accurate 2600 clone could be created.

Yes.  Yes you can.  E.g. my TIA schematics aren't derived from Curt's.  ;)
And there's a minor bug in the published schematics too, IIRC.  Could
be that there was an anti-fix at some point before those were generated
but after my chips were fabbed.  Quite likely in fact.  So just having
schematics is not a guarantee of 100% compatibility either.

-Chris