Re: [stella] AtariVox EEPROM file format

Subject: Re: [stella] AtariVox EEPROM file format
From: "Eric Ball" <ericball@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:09:03 -0500
Just in case no-one has suggested it yet, I'd recommend putting the 3 byte/4
character creator ID first in the data block.  This would make it easy for
other games to display it as part of a generic delete block routine.  If a
particular game/app wants to put in additional identification (e.g. song
name or player name) the format & length would be up to that game/app.

Might I also suggest simply using ASCII 32-95 for the character set?  It
contains 0-9 A-F space and a goodly number of symbols.  There could also be
a special meaning assigned to all 3 bytes $00 or $FF (e.g. unused or
continued block).