RE: [stella] Archives, inactivity and the

Subject: RE: [stella] Archives, inactivity and the
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:42:54 -0500
> "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Russ wrote:
> >> In the future, I encourage any and all of you to continue to post to
> >> Stellalist even if an alternate list is available.
>
> > So, should we continue the discussion about moving? Maybe a backup list?
>
> If you'll recall the last time this all came up and I responded, I
> heartily encouraged a backup archive instead of a new list.  I still
> stand by this, because most/all of the posts that I've been told were
> lost were not the fault of Biglist as far as I could tell.  It seems,
> to me, to be very reliable in that regard.

Russ, thanks for working with Biglist to get the archive up.  A backup
archive is probably a good idea (make life easier if Biglist upgrades their
hardware again).  The distribution list itself always seemed to work fine
with only the occasional hiccup, probably due to isolated network problems
more than anything else.

It'll be nice to keep up with these posts at work again.  :)  Naturally,
only during breaks and lunch!

-Lee