Re: [stella] 2P x 3 digit score routines?

Subject: Re: [stella] 2P x 3 digit score routines?
From: "Aaron" <stella-receiver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 14:34:44 -0400
Andrew Davie said:
> Just wondering if anyone has or knows of any scoring routines capable of
> displaying 2 x 3digit scores on the same 'line'.  I'm looking for a score
> display for my BoulderDash clone that allows both players in the
> horizontal
> split-screen format to have their own scores displayed.  So I want one
> score
> on left half of screen, the other on the right half.
> Thanks

You can go the route I did and use a single tripled sprite for each score,
so each digit is separated by 8 pixels.  IMO it looks ok if the two scores
are spaced far enough apart.

So you'd have:

   A1  A2  A3          B1  B2  B3

rather than this:

     A1A2A3              B1B2B3

which is I guess what you wanted...

Another way might be to just make your digits ~5 pixels wide so 3 of them
fit into 2 sprites.  Then there'd be some bit shifting to work out...

-Aaron