re: [stella] DASM Wish List

Subject: re: [stella] DASM Wish List
From: mathys66@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:13:21 -0400
>I like it.  I dislike copying loops and having to enumerate the labels...
>or having labels that make sense in one context, but when copied elsewhere
>lose their meaning or become confusing.  (Like seeing a .loop3 label copied
>from elsewhere when there's no .loop1 or .loop2 to be found nearby.)
>
>What's the downside?

Things get hard to read, especially with gas, which allows up to nine anonymous
labels (numbered from 0 to 9). f0 searches the nearest label 0 forward, b9
the nearest label backward. Anyway, that's up to the programmer wether he
wants to use this feature or not.

An advantage of this mechanism is that it gives you macro local labels (can
dasm do this ? don't think so...) for free.

Cheers
Thomas