RE: [xsl] SVG graphs

Subject: RE: [xsl] SVG graphs
From: Adam Van Den Hoven <Adam.Hoven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:36:37 -0700
Thanks for the reply. If its OK with you, I think I'll build my tranform
first and then toss questions at you as they come up. For now, I'm working
on a line graph. Eventually I'll have to add a bar graph, which seems to be
easier, and a pie chart (which is far more difficult, if more interesting).

Here are a few that I have right now:
1)Did your XSL write the polylines, or did your SVG consume XML and write
its own poly lines (where was the intelligence)
2)Did you graph the data in its own "natural" coordinate system and then
tranform the graph to fit the initial viewport of the SVG element.
	2a) If so, how did  you handle tick labels along your axes
3)Is it worth calculating major and minor tick counts from the range of
values or simply make them parameters of the stylesheet.

I understand that you aren't sure you can share your code. It would be
useful for something to refer to as I build my own. I prefer to roll my own
code but its nice to have something handy to refer to when I get in a rut.

Thanks,
Adam