Re: [xsl] Nestled <xsl:choose>

Subject: Re: [xsl] Nestled <xsl:choose>
From: tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Trevor Nash)
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 10:22:11 GMT
Chris,

>>  It doesn't
>>matter where you put this template,
>
>In this case that is true. But generaly if there are 2 templates of equal
>priority the processor will take the last one in the stylesheet. So it is a
>good rule of thumb is to put general case ones first.

A matter of taste perhaps.  Even the processors which do work this way
- its optional as far as the spec is concerned - may give an ugly
diagnostic.  So I prefer to be explicit.

>>because the default priority for a
>>name pattern like 'book' is higher than for qualified patterns like
>>'book[@...]'.
>
>It's the other way round!

Yuk.  Of course it is, I meant it the other way round.  I guess I need
a day off ;-)

Cheers,
Trevor
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx