RE: [xsl] xsl:sort with msxml english language, danish characters, weird results

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:sort with msxml english language, danish characters, weird results
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:54:43 +0100
> I'm not sure I'm following here--at least using Java
> RuleBasedCollator
> you should be able to achieve any collation sequence whatsoever.
>
> But I'm not sure what you mean by sorting 646 before 10646.

A possible algorithm is that any sequence of digits counts as a single
collation unit, which is collated before the first collation unit derived
from non-digit characters, and has a collation value equal to its decimal
value.

I don't believe you can achieve this with a RuleBasedCollator.

But I've seen software that lists the files in a directory with abc9 before
abc20 - very nice too!

Michael Kay