Re: XS: needed features?

Subject: Re: XS: needed features?
From: Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 10:33:13 +0100 (BST)
 > I still think that requiring maths in XML would help the scientific
 > world a lot (and not just physics and maths -- others use complicated
 > that it just doesn't make large enough percentage out of the overall
 > user population.

Since the Web is driven by money people, you would think they would
care about math, wouldnt you. Presumably Netscape share prices are
manipulated in terms of mathematical formulae....

Look at it another way; we are all very concerned to be politically
correct in terms of fonts, and if it was suggested that Icelandic (for
instance) characters should be thrown out of fonts set, there would
be a right to-do. But I wouldn't mind betting there are more people
wanting to write maths and put it on the Web than there are people in
Iceland _in toto_

Lets NOT go the way of desktop publishing, thank you. Put math in XS!

Sebastian (not a mathematician of any kind)