RE: html to dsssl ?

Subject: RE: html to dsssl ?
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 15:17:46 -0400
Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian said:
what formats the document in your Talva example, out of interest?

Didier says:
A dsssl script with a OpenJade PDF back-end that I am writing for the fun of
it. I used libraries I got from adobe to do that. Its a lot easier with
their library. In the pdf backend I have just to make calls to their lib to
generate the PDF objects. What takes me a lot of  time is to dissect each
DSSSL flow object and translate them into PDF. I am very surprised of the
PDF versatility to express a lot of formatting configuration. But the code
depends on my learning speed :-). I discovered in the process that PDF seems
a good candidate for a page-sequence implementation (especially for
asymmetric page margins)

Sebastian said:
techexplorer, you mean? better talk to the IBM guys. But since they
process high-level LaTeX only, thats a whole different ball game. And
their formatting is pretty rudimentary

Didier says:
 you are right Sebastian and this is bad, otherwise I would get a tool to
easily render jadetex production.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx