[Monthly Archives] [List Home]

[ernie] The Electronic Recruiting News In Email_00.12.19

IBN: Defining Excellence in Electronic Recruiting
Please Click On Our Sponsors
  John Sumser's
  Electronic Recruiting News

interbiznet.com

E R N I E
Electronic Recruiting News In Email

Our Rate Card

S P O N S O R S

Click On Our Sponsors

Click Here!
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors

Click On Our Sponsors
Reach The 25,000 Recruiters and HR Managers Who Read This Newsletter Each Week

Find out more
About IBN
Got a news tip?

Got a news tip?
Tell us at
news@
interbiznet.com

Our Rate Card

Articles

Presentations

Trends Reports

Archives

Resume
Databases

(Over 60)

Company Job Listings
(Over 4000)

Email to IBN

Suggestions?

It is better
to not be on
the web than
to be on and
not know why

John Sumser

Reality
is more
complex
than
it seems.
John Gall

It's better to
do a few things
really well than
than to do
a lot of things
badly.
If you can't
make the necessary
commitments of
time and energy
to your
electronic
marketing
efforts
scale back
your plan.
John Sumser

All material in this
email is the
property of IBN
(The Internet
Business Network:
interbiznet.com)
You may download
a copy for personal
use. Redistribution
without permission
is strictly
prohibited.
All material in
this email is
© 1995 - 2000 by IBN

Go Home
OUR HOME

The Electronic Recruiting News is a Free Daily Newsletter For Recruiters, HR Managers, Advertising Agencies and Clasified Advertising Operations

To subscribe or unsubscribe from ERNIE, please use the form on the linked page.

2000 Part II

(December 19, 2000) When the dust settle, there will be a number of winners for a number of reasons. The marketplace was frenzied with new entrants and new offerings. Tomorrow, we'll run down the big moments that we think defined the industry this year. Today, we'll focus on the Top 15 events that you might not have noticed.

When Career Mosaic, Monster and the Online Career Center opened their doors for operation, no one noticed. These operations, which would change the face of Recruiting, caused barely a ripple in the surface of things when they opened their doors for business. The important moments often go unnoticed til years later.

We think that some or all of the following events and businesses have the potential to reshape the industry as time goes on.

Top 15 Things You Might Have Missed

  1. The Acquisition of PDI's Assessment Division by ePredix placing ePredix at the leading edge in the reinvention of assessment.
  2. The full force entry of Kennedy Publications into the Electronic Recruiting Market. Five years into the process, the old industry stalwart made a fantastic splash this year with conferences and publications. It's the final validation of the emergence of a new industry. Nice momentum.
  3. Hire.com's expansion into traffic development marks the company's full turn into becoming an advertising agency.
  4. Intralect's name change to PureCarbon. The merry band of Cisco refugees has the "interface thing" down cold.
  5. NorthernLight's release of RecruitingShark, a service targeted directly at online resume research.
  6. Bridgepath's release of their Recruiting Exchange.
  7. All of the companies that prospered in 2000 did so by keeping their CEO.
  8. Goodshark launched its business with the first really valuable seminar series in the industry.
  9. CareerEngine pioneered variable pricing in its advertising purchases and left its REIT operations in the dust.
  10. CareerCast opened the business in a box concept with Pre-IPO Jobs
  11. HotJobs moved onto the JobFair turf with WorkWorld including a marvelous utilization of the San Jose Tech Museum.
  12. The FlipDog Game (searching all jobs online) expanded to include Wanted Technologies and GrassIsGreener
  13. VerticalNet quietly established the best network of industry specific Recruiting Sites.
  14. Advantage Hiring introduced Industrial Strength Online Interviewing as a filtering mechanism.
  15. CareerPath and CareerMosaic disappeared.

- John Sumser

Headhunters?   Job fairs?   The CIA?
[How do you find qualified employees?]

Introducing VAULTMATCH,
Vault’s proprietary resume database.
Search for highly qualified candidates by keyword, industry, location, salary...10 different search criteria!

Click here for a FREE sample search!
Vault.com: the insider career network

Industry Analysis
Contacting Us:
Call, fax, write, email. We'd love to talk about your project.

All material on this site is © 1995 - 2000 by IBN: interbiznet.com
(The Internet Business Network), 346 Starling Rd., Mill Valley, CA 94941
415.380.8244
staff@interbiznet.com

To Subscribe or Unsubscribe From the ERNIE...
Enter email:
Enter name:

     FEATURES:

  • Interbiznet Trends (New)