Re: SDATA entity mapping in Jade

Subject: Re: SDATA entity mapping in Jade
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 16:53:49 +0700
At 09:26 14/04/97 -0400, Daniel Speck wrote:
>I have been looking at DSSSL and playing with Jade for a few months and
>have a basic question about SDATA entity handling. James Clark's HTML
>documentation for Jade states:
>
>  "[Jade] only supports a single pre-defined character repertoire. ...
>
>   Some common SDATA entity names from the ISO entity sets are
>   recognized and mapped to characters. ...
>
>   Jade does not make use of any of the declaration architectural forms
>   related to characters and glyphs."
>
>So, until Jade supports SDATA entity mapping, how would one go about
>faking it?

What exactly do you want to do with SDATA entities?  Jade supports about 900
of the ISO standard SDATA entity names (including all the WGL4 characters).
For RTF at least there's not much point in supporting more than this until
the RTF backend allows configurable mapping from glyph ids to font/character
codes.

James