Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?

Subject: Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:52:21 -0400
Tony Graham wrote:
> Sounds like you want a glossary (with pictures).  Are there others who
> would like to see a glossary?

Yes, I would like to see a glossary, beyond the one provided in the
DSSSL spec.

But overall (not just relating to the glossary spec) I wonder if a
volunteer effort can be as organized and comprehensive as we have been
discussing. Perhaps our first goal should be to get a single, complete
tutorial done. I don't know that we necessarily need committees and
formal editors and so forth. "The Internet" seems to be a fairly careful
editor as long as each chapter remains under the change control of
someone willing to maintain it. I just suggest this because I don't know
if we will have enough person-power for formal editors and committees.

Depending on the final copyright, I will donate my existing materials
(after I do my own edit and update of them). I'm not comfortable with
having my materials appear in someone's DSSSL book next year --
especially if it is just a printed version of the results of this
project sold for $50.00. My information doesn't want to be THAT free.

 Paul Prescod