Re: DD: Outline for "Crash course in Scheme"?

Subject: Re: DD: Outline for "Crash course in Scheme"?
From: John Fieber <jfieber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 08:05:38 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 lee@xxxxxx wrote:

> Tony Graham wrote:
> > does anyone have suggestions for
> > what should be included in a "Crash course in Scheme"?

I left it blank because I'm completely unqualified to even write
an outline.

> See the book, The Little Schemer, for a good introducion; there's
> a companion, The Seasoned Schemer.

I've found "The Scheme Programming Language" by Dybvig to be
quite useful.  After the first couple tutorial chapters, it is
structured more like a reference, but unlike many language
references that only describe things formally, this book has gobs
of examples to clarify things.

(Curious, all three of these books come from the computer science
department at Indiana University...scheme is a religion here. :)

-john