Re: [Jade] Output redirection

Subject: Re: [Jade] Output redirection
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 18:31:37 -0400 (EDT)
At 8 Aug 1997 10:40 -0500, Ferry Firmansjah wrote:
 > We tried (after receiving this suggestion) to implement the "wrapper" DSSSL
 > stylesheet that contain the System ID, but we were having trouble getting
 > it to work.  If we specify the System ID in the actual DSSSL stylesheet,
 > then it works fine.  However, we end up having to "regenerate" the stylesheet
 > every time that we need to generate the HTML--not very efficient if
 > the stylesheet is huge.  So we're still trying to get the "wrapper"
 > to work.

Isn't the intention of Paul's suggestion that you use the
"wrapper" stylesheet contains just the construction rule that makes
the entity?

To borrow from both Norman Walsh and Paul Prescod:

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
<!ENTITY html.dsl SYSTEM "html.dsl" CDATA DSSSL>
]>

;; $Id: dbhtml.dsl,v 1.2 1997/08/03 22:54:00 tkg Exp $
;;
;; Example of a customization layer on top of the modular docbook style
;; sheet.  Definitions inserted in this file take precedence over
;; definitions in the 'use'd stylesheet(s).

(root
  (make entity
     system-id: "unique.html"
     (process-children)))

<external-specification id="wrappee" document="html.dsl">

You also haven't mentioned what language you are using for the program
that executes the Jade command.  Perhaps if we knew the language,
someone could suggest a way to capture STDOUT.

Regards,

Tony Graham