Re: Architecture-based Processing with DSSSL and Jade

Subject: Re: Architecture-based Processing with DSSSL and Jade
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 09:31:21 -0500
At 11:29 AM 9/5/97 +0700, James Clark wrote:
>W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
>
>> 1. Short of putting it on top of something like TechnoTeacher's
GroveMinder,
>> what would it take to get Jade to provide access to both the client
>> document's grove and the architectural groves derived from it?
>
>At the moment the GroveBuilder knows nothing about architectures.  You
>would have to hack it to be able to build architecture groves along with
>document groves together with the information that connects them.
>Nothing conceptually difficult, just a SMOP.

Good to know.  I may have some resources to do such a thing (if a working
and available GroveMinder doesn't make it a moot point before hand).

>In the long term it would be nice to have direct support in DSSSL for
>architectures. I would like to be able to say something like:
>
>(declare-arc isogen "-//ISOGEN ...")
>
>(arc-element isogen para
>  (make paragraph))
>
>This rule would then automatically match any element that was an
>instance of the para element form in the "-//ISOGEN ..." architecture.

This is the sort of thing I'm looking for--let these rules be the last set
in a chain of connected specs.  Paul's technique of case+next-match looks
pretty promissing as well, although less pretty.

Cheers,

E.