Re: Edition SGML-aware in Microsoft Word

Subject: Re: Edition SGML-aware in Microsoft Word
From: James Robertson <jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:23:30 +1000
At 09:54 16/09/97 +0100, you wrote:
  | Good point we are looking for one too.
  | You can say that are plenty of other superb tools and I agree. But the
issue
  | here is the enduser, most of them are used to Word.
  | We are "trying" to use Microsoft SGML Author to program Word to act as we
  | would want but we are facing many problems (the idea I have in the moment
  | is that Microsoft didn't know what it was doing when they developed the
  | package, there are errors everywhere, in the application and in
conception).

  | In the next few days I'll try other alternatives.

Apologies for continuing this off-topic thread, but two quick points:

You might want to have a look at Framemaker+SGML (from Adobe).
I haven't used it, but I have heard it recommended.

You can use SGML behind-the-scenes without hitting the user with
it. They can still use their old authoring tools, and everything
is converted on the fly. You could have a look at my site for
a fuller explanation of the concept.

Cheers,

James Robertson
Step Two Designs