Re: New DocBook style sheets

Subject: Re: New DocBook style sheets
From: Norman Walsh <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 08:11:40 -0700
[ Since the question went to the list, I'll send along the reply too ]

christo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Frank Christoph) writes:
> In your RTF DocBook stylesheet, when a TABLE occurs inside a PARA, and the
> entries are inline data, the entries get shifted to the right inside their
> cells.  Without looking at the code, I think the problem is that the cells
> get formatted as paragraphs and the paragraphs have a non-zero start-indent:
> property value.

Try putting <para>'s around your inline data.  The table code relies on
the ENTRY PARA context to properly format cells.  I've not yet had time
to really try to fix this.  Suggestions welcome.

> BTW, how does one get an entire TABLE element to be justified in the center
> of the page (horizontally, of course)?

Hmm.  If I recall correctly, DocBook doesn't actually have an attribute
for this.  You'd have to override the TABLE code in a docbook.dsl extension
and add the quadding: 'center characteristic, I think.

--norm