Re: Accessing declared value of attribute in Jade

Subject: Re: Accessing declared value of attribute in Jade
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 08:21:00 -0400
Daniel Speck wrote:
> I have run into a problem that I can't seem to solve. For each element
> in the instance I need to find the declared value of each non-implied
> attribute and if it is ENTITY or ENTITIES, I need to do further
> processing to obtain the external identifier(s) and notation(s). The
> problem I am having is that I can find no way to obtain information
> about the declared value of an attribute. Can anyone tell me how?

Jade doesn't currently provide access to information about a document's
DTD. You will have to encode that information in some way that is
accessible to Jade such as a processing instruction or another attribute
value etc. For instance you could make a processing instruction that
lists the elements and attributes that are of type ENTITY in your DTD
and then look that up using DSSSL code.

 Paul Prescod